Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Only Clean Room in My House

So, keeping up with my house this semester has not gone according to plan. I did commit some time yesterday to one room. I have decided to go room by room rather than try to get ALL the sweeping and mopping done, or ALL the vacuuming done. Tasks like that are just too big and daunting with everything else swirling around.

So I committed to the guest bathroom because it is my favorite and it is small, and when it is clean - it looks REALLY clean!


Not to mention, months ago I promised pictures of the hubs brilliance in solving my bath mat dilemma. He found these all-colors-of-green-striped numbers at Target for $5 each. They are so cute! And the cats don't like them at all. Score one for the hubs!


My mother bought me these fabulous purple onion flowers for my birthday! They were at Target. Which is why birthdays are so great when you get to go shopping with your mom and pick out the stuff you would never spend the money on for yourself. Which are always the things I end up liking the most in my house.

The sandstone I bought as a present to myself a couple of years back at a hippie rock shop.


I got the tray for $1 at a yard sale a while back. The amethyst is from my grandmother's guest bathroom.

My cute sister S brought me a bag of goodies from Lush and in it was the bar of soap you see above. It looks like a rock! Which is perfect for my earthy-leaves-nature bathroom. It is made out of sand and something that makes the bathroom smell good. I kept the regular soap dispenser because not everyone is exciting enough to use sand bar soap.


I even straightened the linen closet. The basket at the top is full of shampoos and things guests might need for showering. Thank you Martha for the tip a bazillion years ago.

I also keep my candles in the linen closet to make it smell delicious.


I made an effort to make the bathroom more guest friendly. I put in toothpaste, floss, $1 travel Shout spot wipes, $1 travel deodorant, and then some contact solution, lotions, and hairspray. We are going to be having a lot of guests in the next few months, so I wanted to have all this stuff done now. Most of these items I found in my own bathroom and am not going to use but could not handle wasting.

The thing is now I do not want to use the guest bathroom. I really want to tell the hubs he cannot use it either. I want to close the door and let the perfection last a little longer. I mean I even cleaned the baseboards! I wish it wouldn't be ridiculous to not use it. Or I wish that I was not such a ridiculous lover of perfection. I am working on that.

No comments: