Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More Dinner Angst

So sickness has infected our house once again. This time I am fine and the hubs is the sad one.


I would post a real picture of his pathetic-ness, but it involves whiteness and boxers and being surrounded by video games and sympathetic cats which makes it hard to feel bad for him.

Anywhoo, this business of feeling bad and trading feeling bad has us reevaluating our eating once again. We do good for a week or two, and then it slowly tapers off to crap yet again.

We have decided to up the vegetables this time around. We have both been craving them, which means our bodies are in desperate need.

Tonight I did not have a good idea. I had 2 chicken poblano sausage links defrosted, and that was as far as I got yesterday. They are 220 calories each which isn't bad for their tastiness and considering it is dinner.

So I made it up as I cooked. I sauteed the meat (out of its casing). I kept it on low heat and added a diced tomato and a ton of spinach to the sausage after it was cooked through. I turned off the heat shortly after because I wanted the spinach to wilt only a little tiny bit. When the brown rice was done I added about 2 TBSP (not much) worth of finely grated cheddar into it with a dash of salt and some pepper to give it flavor. Then I served the meat and veggies on top of the rice.


The review was good.
Bunny trail alert! Isn't he cute? He cut off all his hair yesterday so he looks like the man I married, and the beard has been gone for a long time now. But he is still handsome both ways.

Back to the review! J liked the flavor of the rice and that the little bit of cheese made it sticky. I liked that it was filling, and that he did not appear to notice the tomatoes.

We have also decided to add a salad every night. I know, I know, who doesn't have salad every night? Well, we restaurant people do not. There is nothing worse than feeding people all night, putting up with their shit, and then having to come home and feed yourself. Sigh.

I also have to say that I do not enjoy cooking. It seems worth it when 20 people sing your praises, but even then it is not something I would label enjoyable. It is breaking even, effort = result. I think I like to cook more because I am a control-freak than because I enjoy it.

I do like to bake. Sadly, that will only get me increasing my jean size. I try to bake on occasions when it will all be given away. Speaking of which, I tried a new peanut butter cupcake recipe that you can find here. They were delicious, moist, and a crowd pleaser at the hubs thesis defense.

That's right, I bribe with cupcakes. Want to come clean my house?

1 comment:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

I am confused....I think this sounds like a wonderful idea!!!! And I will sing your praises all day every day if you want to cook for me =o)