Friday, October 9, 2009

New Cookbook

In an attempt (that lasted until we got sick) to eat a little smidgeon better for dinner, the hubs and I battled it out in Half Price books until we agreed on a cookbook. It is titled, 12 Best Foods Cookbook, and so far has been fun! Although, keep in mind for us anything not Hamburger Helper (which is now banned) is fun.

So, to start off each of us picked a couple of recipes we'd like to try. Naturally I picked the easiest to make recipes and J picked the hardest ones with no broccoli. Sigh. The hubs has a broccoli hatred that comes with an attached rant that will make you want to bury your head in the garden and eat grubs rather than listen to it. So while this cookbook does have broccoli (calm yourself J & George B.), we are skipping that section.

First I tried the Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta.

Unfortunately for you guys, I forgot to take the picture while the plate was pretty...



We both thought it was pretty tasty, my only problem was that you CANNOT buy 2 TBSP of feta all by its lonesome. So in order to justify the purchase of feta, we had to use it for the next week and a half.

The special ingredients are my biggest problem in cooking for the two of us. Finding little fun ingredients in small packages is a wild goose hunt. We then end up eating something in different meals every other night. Oh well, what do you do? At least we're not cooking for more than two, so we can get away with a vegetable and a meat most nights since we eat late.


2 comments:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

Yummy....if you have left overs, feel free to Fed Ex them my way =o) I love the new back ground....very "autumy" (not a word, I know, but you know what I mean) Love you!!!

Urban Legend said...

I buy feta and use it in my salads. It doesn't get green for a long time.