Thursday, October 29, 2009

Making my list

And checking it twice.
Bowling pins - check!


All I have left is the turkey.

There is the cleaning and massive amounts of food, but the important things are in the trunk of my car. I might also mention that I got 10 used bowling pins for $5.03 at the local bowling alley. Much cheaper than 10, 3 Liter bottles of cola that have the potential to burst.

Also, thanks to craigslist I am buying a turkey fryer for $25. Woo-hoo!

I think Thanksgiving will be the good holiday this year. I can't even wrap my mind around Christmas. If it is not going to be in Paris or at Disneyland and completely devoid of anything that might bring up sad memories I don't want anything to do with it. I have answers to give people about it, but I just cannot bring myself to make a decision. Instead I have decided to not worry about being over the top and to make Thanksgiving an EXTRAVAGANZA. If it is big enough, maybe I'll still be in a turkey coma at Christmas.

2 comments:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

I am so jealous of the Turkey Extravaganza! You will have to take a million pictures and mail them to me along with some yummy food, since I will be slaving away while my hubby and munchkin are stuffing their faces in another state! Your party is going to be awesome!!!!! And by the way, I vote Paris for Christmas =o) And pack me in your suit case while your at it!!!! I love you!

JR said...

You are working on Thanksgiving? They are leaving you? What the hell is going on? Come to me.