Friday, September 18, 2009

Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes

The other day I had some leftover salmon and decided to experiment since leftovers usually go to waste around here.

The second time I attempted it I made a full batch and it was yummy the second time too!

Here's what I used:

10-12oz Salmon
1 egg
1-2 TBSP unbleached flour
3/4 cupish grated sweet potato (grated on the small side)
diced onion
fresh dill (I am growing it, so it was free!)
salt and pepper



Form into medium sized cakes, heat oil in a skillet, and saute until lightly browned.


I also added some green beans to hot oil with a little salt, pepper, and at the last minute balsamic vinegar.

It met with approval from the hubs, and was something different!

I would like to note that I did make the second batch with canned salmon in an attempt to be thrifty. That will not be happening again. It was not even pink! Yikes! I will admit it does save time since there is no baking ahead of time. Perhaps in the future I will give pouch salmon a try, but the jury is still out on that one.

No comments: