Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dedication

The hubs in the middle of writing his master's thesis. After subtle inquiry I have discovered that he has not dedicated it yet, or even decided if he is going to. 

Whaaat???

For some strange twist in logic the reasoning behind not putting a dedication in it is that it will be bound and go in the school library for all eternity. Which in my mind sounds like a perfect reason for a dedication, but who can understand these scholar types. 

So, in my own little inconspicuous way I have come up with a few dedications myself. 
Let's vote!

#1 - To my very own wifey who faithfully washed (and occasionally folded) all the boxers that I wore while writing this book.

#2 - To my wife whom I love and adore with all my heart and for a whole year did not touch my piles of papers in the office even when company was coming.

#3 - To the LOVE of my LIFE who often kept our loud, vocal, always hungry, jobless, mooches of cats away from my office door while I was writing. 

#4 - To my very own Julia Child of a wife who fed me bruschetta and many other culinary delights every week until this was finished. 

#5 - To my muse, Isabelle. 

All winners, if I do say. 

1 comment:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

I love you my friend!!! Seriously I just laughed so hard that I almost needed to use one of Addie's diapers!!! Don't worry, when I stop procrasinating and write my New York Times best seller, your dedication will be as follows...
To my dearest friend who never ceases to inspire my craziness and bring my bad ideas to life (and make them fun). I would have nothing funny to write about were it not for your timely hillarity!(don't even know if that is a word, but it sounded good)