Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Huck's Unrealized Talent

It appears Huckleberry has an artistic side that the hubs and I have been failing to encourage. We are such rotten parents. All this time his budding talent has been forced to sleep away the hours his little artist's soul was crying for a paintbrush. 


As you can see above, complete apathy had set in as he grudgingly accepted his life with us. But in a lucky coincidence his mommy needed a birthday present for a 3-year-old with a brand new room. Luckily for his mommy, Huck was willing to help throughout the entire process. 


Huck and I's finished product! I bought these letters (which were dull & boring white) at Hobby Lobby. Lucky for me and my wallet, they were having a 50% Wall Sale! Man, I love me some Hobby Lobby!

I had a moment of panic once home and realized there was no way I could paint circles freehand, and even if I could my brushes are getting frayed and I would never be able to stay in the lines. So I tore the end off the ribbon spool and used it as my stencil. Huck approved of the move, and after painting we moved on to the ribbon. We cut the ribbon into 7 pieces, well I actually did the cutting since I have the thumbs, but I digress. Then we tied the bows in the middle, loosely measured the length from the letters using the scissor blade as a ruler, and then glue gunned the heck out of it. 


I think Huck has an affinity for paint since when we found him at the shelter he had a silver paint mark on his forehead to identify him. And just for kicks, and since I am his mommy, above is a picture of him as a little baby in the Kleenex box he liked to sleep in. He was so tiny, and now he is a puma. Sigh. 

Oh, and since we should probably mention the human child all this was for, sweet Jocelyn who  turned 3! She wore a polka-dot dress and was her usual adorable self. It is very weird to me that she used to sit quietly at the restaurant in a stroller and stack cups. Now she holds phone conversations with me and goes everywhere on her own two feet! 
What a wonderful year 3 will be for her and those of us that get to watch her! 

1 comment:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

Too cute! Wow, for all these year you could have been tapping into this hidden talent....you could have made millions with "Huck, the cat behind the art". It sounds like a VH1 episode. But alas, he has had to squash his creativity and is now on strike. So sad my friend! But on an up note, the letters turned out so stinking cute!!!! I bet they look awesome in Jocelyn's room. Love ya!